Attendance: Samantha Lampert, Jonah Mytro, Daniel Chen, Jeffry Powell, Jeff Sinnamon, Chuck Blake

Confirmed No: Lynn Jones, Mark Archibald, Jay Flynn

Guests: Mike McChesney, Chet Oberhelman

Start time: 7:30pm

End time:9:20pm

 

LOCATION: Lasell College, Athletics Center

 

Reports:

  • Treasurer Report
    • See Handout
  • Registrarís Report
    • Full time members: 2006
    • Last year at this time: 1909
  • NERVA Report
    • Dave through Jonah Ė remind the masses to NOT send him any Nationals paperwork
  • Ratings Report
    • Ratings freeze was March 1; last letters are in the mail
    • Exceptions to be rated down could still be made
  • Blog Report
    • Same as previous reports
  • Newsletter Update
    • Same as previous reports
  • Web Editor Report
    • Roster/registration system issues
      • The database was trashed due to a hardware error
      • ISP didn't have sufficient backups
        • They sent the disk devices containing our database to a recovery firm and they were able to capture the data and recreate our database.  The ISP has assured us this won't happen again, but Jim Cirrillo (NVC webmaster and owner of the database that we use) are taking steps to backup the database ourselves.
      • The Roster/Registration system went down sometime on 2/16 and was turned back on very late on 3/1.
      • Referee test system has wrapped up for the season
        • The system processed 1100 tests for PAVO and 2100 for USAV on form A.  About 2,400 for Form C and 2,700 for the scorekeepers.
        • Accreditation tests are not yet on-line.  Waiting for Steve Webster to provide an updated test for this season.
  • GRC Report
    • Lots of new members from Western MA and CT
      • 8 New Full Time, 15 One Day
      • Feedback
    • Scramble at Regis this coming Sunday
    • Last scramble coming up at WNA
  • Bylaws Committee Report
    • None

 

Old Business:

 

  • Approval of past minutes
      • Jeff Sinnamon motions to approve
      • Chuck Blake seconds
        • Yes: Jeff Sinnamon, Daniel Chen, Jay Flynn, Jeffry Powell, Jonah Mytro, Lynn Kerr
        • Abstain: Samantha Lampert
    • Motion passes by majority
  • Announcement of new Tournament Coordinator
    • Jonah will be talking to Mark Archibald about this
  • Any word from USAV re: RFP
    • Nobody has heard anything
  • Club Memberships
    • Club players donít get into the system, so we donít have any history on them
      • Sam will ask Judy to create another section to track club player sign ups as well
    • Reminder:JOís playing in Yankee Tournaments are instantly re-rate able
  • Player misconduct
    • All Yellow/Red cards/Player Misconduct given at a tourney should be reported to board via Tournament Report Form
    •  
  • Championships
    • Logo Design
      • Decided to go with new Yankee Logo
    • Budget $4,500
      • Does this include the 24 pro, 32 super balls?
      • 123 T shirts
      • 88 Sweatshirts
  • Picnic
    • Approve date and details
      • Chetís recommendation: June 7 Ė No rain date
      • Chet checking on these dates as well 8th or 14/15th
    • Can sign up for just picnic or picnic and tournament
      • 2 levels each men, women, coed
      • Pick up
    • Vote on Picnic Coordinator Stipend
      • Jonah motions to give Chet $250 for picnic coordinator stipend
        • Sam seconds
          • Passes unanimously
    • Decide on Raffle Prizes
      • $1000 (same as last year)
      • Tomís wife canít do it
      • Sam will help with raffle, Lynn or Jonah will buy prizes
    • Decide cost to attendees
      • Hoping for 175 attendees
    • Names of Attending Board members to Chet
      • Chet would like us to make ourselves available to help with court, food, table, raffle, registration, etc.
    • Picnic Suggestions to Chet:
      • cash bar canít start earlier
        • Have to put soda/water away when this opens, so no
      • Set up short skills clinics
        • Not enough help to prepare Ė will think about for next year
    • Picnic Budget
      • Is $4000 okay, including raffle, dj, etc.?
      • (same as last year was in yearly budget)
      • Jonah and Chet will follow up later
  • Rater Policy
    • Per Don Cohen:Any new player at a men's tournament should be ratable as a player at that tournament (ex.woman playing in menís tourney).  Coed tournaments should be covered by any rater with a preference for a same gender if possible.  For anything other than an instant re-rate, the recommendation should go through the ratings chair of that gender and level.
      • Should a player in an opposite sex tourney or coed tournament be ratable by any ratings member?
    • Jeff Sinnamon will email ALL raters to discuss via email and send suggestion to the board

 

New Business:

 

  • Discussion re: Yankee Officer Position
  • Sanction for player misconduct?
    • Jeff Motions to put XXXXX on probation through the end of this calendar year; whereas any additional inappropriate behavior would result in suspension
      • Jonah seconds
      • Unaimous Yes
  • Sanction for player misconduct?
    • Jonah motions that XXXXX should get the same sanction
    • Jeff seconds
      • Yes: Jonah, Jeff, Jeffry, Chuck, Daniel
      • Abstain: Sam
    • Both sanctioned players will get a letter from board re: behavior/not-tolerated/etc. Ė Jeff will write up this letter and send to Jonah
  • Non-sanctioned, non-Yankee Friendship Tournaments
    • There is no USAV or Yankee policy
    • As a rule in NERVA membership:If you participate in non-sanctioned tournament which competes directly with Yankee membership, you can lose your NERVA membership
      • Dave Castanon would be judge/jury
  • Bounced Checks
    • All NERVA registration checks that bounced have been handled
  • Nationals Reminders
    • March 14th and March 29th are registration deadlines
    • Only have 3 in at this point
  • Mileage reimbursement
    • Reminder to Jonah that no mileage reimbursement has been paid.
  • Next Meeting ĖApril 7, 7:30 pm Lasell College