Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Yankee Board Meeting
Attendees: Judy Katalina, Chet Oberhelman, Krissy Norrman, Mark Archibald, Daniel Chen, Lynn Kerr, Samantha Lampert, Jeffry Powell
Confirmed No: Guests: Grayson Vanderlinde, Corrinne Chapin
Start time: 7:15 pm
End time: 9:15 pm
Approval of June Minutes
Motion to Approve: Judy Katalina
Second: Chet Oberhelman
For: Judy Katalina, Chet Oberhelman, Lynn Kerr, Jeffry Powell, Daniel Chen, Mark Archibald, Krissy Norrman, Samantha Lampert
· Treasurer Report – Status Quo; 2009-2010 Profit-Loss Statement coming out next week
· Registrar’s Report – Status Quo
· NERVA Report – Varied membership levels idea was shot down at national level, national membership levels are going up $10; Yankee planning on subsidizing $5 this year to slow the increase; need to start getting the word out now
· Ratings Report
· Newsletter Update – one will come out this month
· Web Editor Report – none
· GRC Report – have ideas, need time, money and follow through; Judy will send out an email to last year’s one day members after the Fall Schedule is out.
Online Business (Discussed via Email):
· 2010-11 Presidential Appointments Completed
· Championships Final Report
o Advanced Random draw to determine start time worked great
o Can nationals teams with exceptions play at nationals?
o Out-of-region teams at our regionals; should they be allowed to play, make play offs, win the money
o Can a local team be allowed to use out of region members, what’s the percentage of locals that must be on a team
o Some wait-listed teams were not allowed to play.
o Is there a possibility of setting up Pay Pal for championships and regionals
· Bylaw voting results
o 27 members voted; unanimous passing
· Re-rates of females playing in men’s tournaments
o If you bring a new woman into a men’s tournament, they remain re-rateable until they play in a woman’s tournament.
· Discuss any pay increases for next year
o Refs, Stipends, etc.
o All status quo
· Invite Referee Coordinator to August Meeting to review any upcoming rule changes.
o There are none; the rule book is the same as last years
· Discuss continuing Scrambles into 2010
13 full year membership
(13 new male players to yankee (not on 5 year list))
(2 new female players)
o 1/9/2010 Scrambles at CTSC
2 new full year memberships
28 one-day memberships
o 3/20/2010 Scrambles at CTSC
8 new full year memberships
17 one-day memberships
o Are there ways to cost cut the scrambles?
o Is there a way to run it better?
o How do we advertise it better?
o How do we funnel the members into local leagues?
§ Krissy and Judy will run 1 scramble at LSHS in November
· Draft dates, scheduling and details
o Email out to TDs and BAVP about online draft on Aug 23rd.
o Using Google Docs for TDs to see what all the picks are.
o New TDs are currently allowed to run 3 tournaments a session
§ Mark suggests dropping this to 1 tournament
o Request received to run age group tournaments
· 2010 Nationals New England Finishes review for possible remapping
o Lowest level women’s teams were not maxed out and still did well
o Only level that may need remapping is women’s B
§ Judy will bring to David Castanon that we suggest 3B and 3B- or leave it alone.
o Judy will reach out to USAV about the higher level coed team’s ratings with more information gathered from Mark and Sander
o Growing. There’s not room for Yankee to take courts.
o Yankee will still find a way to be involved and will need volunteers.
o MLK Weekend.
· Don questions rating minimum for playing
o Bringing -12 teams into tourney should not be allowed
· Mileage reimbursement
o Sam will create a Google Doc for all of last years and this year’s meetings.
· Executive session to discuss player issues:
o Bounced checks
o Judy will send reminder to Fall TDs to report Yellow and Red cards issued at tournaments
o Player Behavior Issues at Nationals
o Set Board meeting dates through December.
For Next Meeting:
· 2010-11 Budget Presentation
· Coed Nationals Mappings
· 2011 Elections
· Rick Pierce Committee
Next meeting dates and locations:
Wednesday September 15, 7:30 at Southboro (Krissy’s office)
Thursday October 21, 7:30 at LSHS
Wednesday December 8, 7:30 at