Yankee Board Meeting

Tuesday, October 17, 2011


Attendees: Dave Mello, Sam Tarnauskas, Sander Gates, Lynn Kerr, Judy Katalina, Krissy Norrman, Sam Lampert, Jeffry Powell

Confirmed No: Mark Archibald

Guests: Daniel Chen, Dave Peixoto, Chet Oberhelman

Start time: 7:45 pm

End time:  9:30 pm




Approval of August Minutes

Motion to Approve: Sander Gates

Second:  Mark Archibald

For:  Jeffry Powell, Samantha Lampert, Judy Katalina, Mark Archibald, Sander Gates, Lynn Kerr, Sam Tarnauskas, Dave Mello

Against: None

Minutes approved.



·        Treasurer Report – See Handout

·        Registrar’s Report – status quo

·        NERVA Report – Introduction to Dave Peixoto; handout showing NERVA membership breakdown; PVL; Insurance

·        Ratings Report –

·        Newsletter Update – Went well for the September issue; would like to repeat for next one in early-mid December

·        Web Editor Report – no report

·        GRC Report – looking at partner opportunities; Krissy creating flyer to hand out at leagues to advertise for the scramble


Online Business (Discussed via Email):

·        Look at RCO rules/formats

o       Dave Mello will head a committee to poll the membership


Old Business:

·        Set Rick Pierce Committee/order awards

o       Chet Oberhelman, Sam Tarnauskas will find another member

o       Judy will order awards

·        Set Election Committee

o       Samantha Lampert, Ask: Wendy, Glenn (geek work), plus one more

·        Decide on championships formats and scheduling

o       Chet will put together a potential schedule, last place will be working

·        Review Nationals Mappings

o       Women’s B will now allow up to 4 Bs

·        Any Draft Changes for the Spring

o       Likely will take place early December

o       Looking at adding more CRC’s

·        Online Tournament Registration

o       Inform TDs of  Paypal option

·        Newsletter Calendar (review and topics)

o       2nd/3rd week of December

o       Early March

o       Late April


New Business:

·        Look at partner opportunities for cross-marketing of events

·        SEO for Yankee.org

o       Dave will work with Will to get some quick wins and plan out some more

o       Get GAN on site

·        New Tournament Directors

o       New TDs are making mistakes running tournaments

§         How can the board help decrease the number of mistakes made

§         Judy motions to have the next draft in person

·        Krissy seconds

o       For: Judy, Jeffry, Krissy, Lynn, Sam T, Dave

o       Opposed: Sam, Sander

o       Abstained: Nobody

·        Motion passes

o       Have we reached a saturation point of too many tournament directors?

§         Discussion

·        Changes in rules

o       Jewelry

o       2 liberos

·        R1/R2 Accreditation for championships; looking to allow for 2 year accred.

·        Looking for a 2nd coordinator for Yankee picnic

·        Executive Session


For Next Meeting:

·        Stray cats and dogs assigned to draft


Next meeting dates and locations:

Wednesday December 14, 2011 at Clark, Southborough