Wednesday January 9, 2012
Attendees: Mark Archibald, Corrinne Archibald, Judy Katalina, Sam Tarnauskas, Lynn Kerr, Krissy Norrman, Matt Manne, David Mello
Confirmed No: Jeffry Powell
Guests: Chet Oberhelman
Start time: 7:00pm
Approval of November Minutes (online)
Motion to Approve: Mark Archibald
Second: Jeffry Powell
For: Lynn Kerr, Sam Tarnauskas, Mark Archibald, Krissy Norrman, Judy Katalina, Jeffry Powell, Dave Mello, Sam Lampert, David Mello
· Treasurer Report – Status Quo
· Registrar’s Report – 1885 Current Members, 300 more than last year however this includes 100-120 Maine Members that were not counted last year.
· NERVA Report – PVL Men’s and Women’s Tryouts completed. Men will compete at Junior nationals, Women will compete at Adult Nationals
· Ratings Report –
o Women – Status Quo
o Men – Status Quo
· Social Media – N/A
· Web Editor Report – N/A
· GRC Report – N/A
Online Business (Discussed via Email):
o The following discussion regarding TD levels and penalization will be tabled until further notice pending improvement of TD’s paperwork
§ Judy brought up the possibility of penalizing TD’s who don’t follow rules and regulations.
· Membership issues
· Incomplete rosters
§ Mark Proposes a TD “Level” System where repeat offenders would move to lower TD level and have less opportunities to draft.
· Consensus that the level system is a good idea and should be introduced at the draft.
· More detailed criteria should be drafted
· Sanction/Punishment Consistency
· Sam T – setting up doc and will pass along when ready. JP to provide Sam with past data
o Need sanctions at tournament properly filled out on the sheets, refs and TD’s should monitor this.
o Sam to present this at next meeting
· Google.doc set up and Board members to add known sanctions
· Mobile friendly Yankee.org page updates – Jeffry will talk to Will. Dave will talk to a co-worker that may be able to help.
o Dave is still working on this
· National single gender Mappings – discussion on Mannes proposition of new system of mappings congruent with our Yankee system
o General consensus on the system was good
o General consensus that the need for this new system is different between genders
o General consensus that any changes couldn’t be done for this year in single gender tournaments
o Tabled for next meeting
· National Coed Mapping – discussion on NE’s competitive level in co-ed tournaments
o Judy to poll (via BAVP and other social media channels) captains of co-ed national teams to see if we need to open up restrictions on the co-ed level
· Championship schedule to be rolled out soon
o R2 and scorekeeper test is good for 2 years so many people will be on that list already from last year.
o Charge for Champs will be $160 for all levels
o MVP Balls – Judy will aquire
o Facilities – Judy will have them next week
o Prizes – Krissy to hold a design contest for a championship t-shirt.
§ Winner will receive a free membership for next year.
· Yankee Rules and Policies
o Board went through line by line to edit rules and policies that are out dated.
o Updates will be made prior to the next meeting
For Next Meeting:
· Holding spots for Grassroots incentive
o Krissy to put together proposal
· Sanctioning system for TD’s
Next meeting dates and locations: