Yankee Board Meeting Date : August 21, 2013
Tenative Attendees: Mark Archibald, Judy Katalina, Jeffry Powell, Sam Tarnauskas,
Corrinne Archibald, Dave Mello, Ashley Tarnauskas
Confirmed No: Matt Manne, Krissy Norrman
Scheduled Start: 7:00pm
Actual Start: 7:13pm
End Time: 8:16pm
Location: Lincoln Sudbury High School, 390 Lincoln Road, Sudbury, MA
Approval of May 20, 2013 Minutes via email
Motion to Approve - Judy Katalina
Second - Sam Tarnaukas
For - Corrinne Archibald, Krissy Norrman, Dave Mello, Jeffry Powell, Matt Manne
Against - N/A
● Treasurer Report - Sam will email when he receives the report.
● Registrar’s Report - No members yet. We are going to credit card. Glenn is working with USAV on database.
● NERVA Report - Sticking with the same format for nationals. Women and men PVL at nationals. Looking into ways to grow the referee population.
● Rating’s Report
○ Women’s - Judy has the list.
○ Men’s - Mark will send Judy the list within the next week.
● Social Media Report - Discussion about web content. Updates coming - cosmetic, functionality. Role of webmaster discussed: what are the specific duties of this position. Judy will contact Will to discuss these duties. Jeffry will create a Facebook page or group for Yankee Volleyball.
● GRC Report - Discussed how to motivate captains to put in teams. How can we help new captains enter teams and find players? Potential opt-in membership database with rating and preferred position. Sam will look into this.
● Election Committee
○ Summary of Spring Elections Ashley, Judy, Matt Manne and Mark won! Yay!
○ Review next Election requirements Next election is in two years.
Online Business (discussed via e-mail)
● Use of additional fees when captains use paypal We are not allowed to charge more for paypal but we are allowed to give a discount for cash or check. We do not need to change current practice.
● (see attachment A) - this is an email sent from Sam Tarnauskas on May 22nd as follow-up to last meetings discussion
● Holding spots for Grassroots incentive
○ Krissy to put together proposal - No new information
n Table for meeting prior to next draft
● Website overhaul - Dave and Sam - See above
● Present Budget Judy will have one for the next meeting.
● President appointments completed Appointed positions and stipends:
○ web editor-Will
○ media coordinator - Jeffry
○ tournament coordinator - Mark
○ championship coordinator - Chet stepping down. Judy willing take it this year (co-position w/ Mark)
○ picnic - We already have the date: June 7th. Co-position? Jeffry will take over, Mark will assist.
● Set Board meetings through December: Tuesday, October 1 @ LS, Thursday, November 14 @TBA, Monday, January 6 @ TBA
● Set Spring Draft date Probably the beginning of December
● New score sheets this year - TDs have them
● Did not get the bid for the qualifier
● Can we get courts for Winterfest? We would like them for Saturday. Judy will contact Dave P. to discuss.
For Next Meeting
● Approve/Present Budget
● Discuss Nationals Mappings
Next Meeting Date and Location - Tuesday October 6 @ LS
All have laws prohibiting a surcharge on credit sales. All allow discounts for cash/check. Only MA specifically states that price differences be clearly marked upfront.
http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140d/Section28a http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap739.htm#Sec42133ff.htm http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/9a/title9Asec8509.html
Have bills in process for similar laws, but no laws on the books yet.
Live free or DIE!!!!
I'm assuming that this is based on where the TD lives, and not where the facility is. So Mark and Judy could not apply a credit surcharge, but Steve S. could. This opinion is in my completely professional capacity as a nonprofessional. Dealing with consumer laws, 6 states, point of sale vs. point of delivery, etc. is best left to a lawyer. I suppose we could also make it a Yankee policy that lines up with the type of law most states seem to be moving towards anyways.