Yankee Board Meeting
Date : October 1, 2013
Attendees: Mark Archibald, Judy Katalina, Jeffry Powell, Sam Tarnauskas, Corrinne Archibald,† Dave Mello, Matt Manne, Krissy Norrman
Confirmed No: N/A
Scheduled Start: 7:00 pm
Actual Start: 7:00 pm
End Time: 8:02 pm
Location: Lincoln Sudbury High School, 390 Lincoln Road, Sudbury, MA
Approval of August 21, 2013 Minutes - via email
Motion to Approve -† Jeffry Powell
Second - Mark Archibald
For - Judy Katalina, Sam Tarnauskas, Matt Manne, Corrinne Archibald, Dave Mello, Krissy Norrman
Against - N/A
Abstain - None
● Treasurer Report - Nothing to report
● Registrarís Report - The use of credit cards is going well.
● NERVA Report - We did not win the bid for the juniorís qualifier.† We will be running a tournament in March at BCEC with juniors (boys & girls), adults, PVL and maybe college.† Both PVLís will be going to Nationals.
● Ratingís Report
○ Womenís - Wingsze Seaman was added to the womenís rating committee.
○ Menís - nothing
● Social Media Report - The Facebook page has ~1k followers.† We will work with TDs to gather content.
● Web Editor Report - Sam and Dave are finishing the RFP for web design bids.† Sam will contact Will regarding content updates.
● GRC Report - Dates are set.† Looking to incorporate Paypal.† To be held at CRC.
● Tournament Coordinator - The first tournament went well.† The idea was presented for TDs who lose gym space to put the tournament out to other TDs for a couple of days to find another venue.† The next draft will be in early December.
Online Business (discussed via e-mail)
● Friendship tournaments Motion to maintain current practice to have friendship tournaments run only through December 31st.†
○ Motion - Judy
○ Second - Mark
○ In favor - Ashley, Sam, Corrinne, Jeffry, Matt, Dave
○ Opposed - Krissy
● Website Overhaul - see Web Editorís Report
● Approve/Present Budget
○ Motion to approve - Judy
○ Second - Sam
○ In favor - unanimous
● Discuss Nationals Mappings
○ Based on data collect from this yearís nationals, do we need to revise the mappings to be more competitive at the menís B level and less dominant at the womenís B level?
■ Motion to have menís B increase the mapping to 1 B+ - Matt
■ Second - Corrinne
■ †In favor - unanimous
■ Motion to change womenís B mapping to 3 Bís - Krissy
■ Second - Mark
■ In favor - unanimous
● Create Rick Pierce Committee/Order Rick Pierce awards
○ Krissy, Jeffry, Matt are this yearís committee.
For Next Meeting
● Set meeting dates through summer
● Decide on championships formats and scheduling
Next Meeting Date and Location
November 20, 2013 - Clark University 333 Turnpike Road, Southborough MA , 7:30 pm