Yankee Board Meeting

Date : October 1, 2013

 

Attendees: Mark Archibald, Judy Katalina, Jeffry Powell, Sam Tarnauskas, Corrinne Archibald,Dave Mello, Matt Manne, Krissy Norrman

Confirmed No: N/A

Guests: None

Scheduled Start: 7:00 pm

Actual Start: 7:00 pm

End Time: 8:02 pm

 

Location: Lincoln Sudbury High School, 390 Lincoln Road, Sudbury, MA

 

Approval of August 21, 2013 Minutes - via email

Motion to Approve -Jeffry Powell

Second - Mark Archibald

For - Judy Katalina, Sam Tarnauskas, Matt Manne, Corrinne Archibald, Dave Mello, Krissy Norrman

Against - N/A

Abstain - None

 

Reports

     Treasurer Report - Nothing to report

     Registrarís Report - The use of credit cards is going well.

     NERVA Report - We did not win the bid for the juniorís qualifier.We will be running a tournament in March at BCEC with juniors (boys & girls), adults, PVL and maybe college.Both PVLís will be going to Nationals.

     Ratingís Report

     Womenís - Wingsze Seaman was added to the womenís rating committee.

     Menís - nothing

     Social Media Report - The Facebook page has ~1k followers.We will work with TDs to gather content.

     Web Editor Report - Sam and Dave are finishing the RFP for web design bids.Sam will contact Will regarding content updates.

     GRC Report - Dates are set.Looking to incorporate Paypal.To be held at CRC.

     Tournament Coordinator - The first tournament went well.The idea was presented for TDs who lose gym space to put the tournament out to other TDs for a couple of days to find another venue.The next draft will be in early December.

 

Committeeís Report

     N/A

 

Online Business (discussed via e-mail)

     Friendship tournaments Motion to maintain current practice to have friendship tournaments run only through December 31st.

     Motion - Judy

     Second - Mark

     In favor - Ashley, Sam, Corrinne, Jeffry, Matt, Dave

     Opposed - Krissy

Old Business

     Website Overhaul - see Web Editorís Report

New Business

     Approve/Present Budget

     Motion to approve - Judy

     Second - Sam

     In favor - unanimous

     Discuss Nationals Mappings

     Based on data collect from this yearís nationals, do we need to revise the mappings to be more competitive at the menís B level and less dominant at the womenís B level?

     Motion to have menís B increase the mapping to 1 B+ - Matt

     Second - Corrinne

     In favor - unanimous

 

     Motion to change womenís B mapping to 3 Bís - Krissy

     Second - Mark

     In favor - unanimous

     Create Rick Pierce Committee/Order Rick Pierce awards

     Krissy, Jeffry, Matt are this yearís committee.

 

For Next Meeting

     Set meeting dates through summer

     Decide on championships formats and scheduling

 

Next Meeting Date and Location

November 20, 2013 - Clark University 333 Turnpike Road, Southborough MA , 7:30 pm