Yankee Board Meeting
Date : 10/20/2014
Attendees: Dave Mello, Matt Manne, Corrinne Archibald, Mark Archibald, Jeffry Powell, Judy Katalina
Confirmed No: Sam Tarnauskas, Ashley Tarnauskas, Krissy Norrmann
Scheduled Start: 7pm
Actual Start: 7:07 pm
End Time: 7:59 pm
Location: One Davis Square Suite 302 Somerville, MA 02144
Approval of 9/10/2014 Minutes
Motion to Approve - Sam Tarnauskas
Second - Mark Archibald
For - All
Against - None
Abstain - None
- Treasurer Report – Not yet accurate
- Registrar’s Report – Status quo
- NERVA Report – Status quo
- Rating’s Report
- Women’s – Sarah Dufault is helping out as head rater.
- Men’s – The list will come out within the next few weeks.
- Social Media Report – We will continue to post tournament updates/photos.
- Web Editor Report – Will is still doing updates - will schedule a meeting to collaborate around web editor shift. Judy, Jeffry and Sam will go through old website.
- GRC Report –Scrambles are half full. They are mostly new people so far. We will reserve last 10 spots for new people.
- Rick Pierce- Committee: Matt Manne, Corrinne Archibald, Mark Archibald
- Corrinne to send out Rick Pierce nomination email.
- Rick Pierce Tournament will not be happening this year due to a facility issue.
- Push back award to later in the year - TBD
Online Business (discussed via e-mail)
- Logo - has been selected and will be on scramble tee’s (not the correct colors)
- Dave Peixoto – branding the logos
- Rick Pierce Awards- Jeffry brought up Rick Pierce being for males only and Nancy Sullivan Award for females (tabled for next meeting)
- May have one or two Rick Pierce awards given.
- Jeffry brought up posting on the website award recipients
- Idea suggested that ratings for Nationals be similar to Yankee ratings- discussed
and National mappings for our region were competitive at the B level this year.
- Gender touch rule discussed- tabled
- Individual co-ed ratings- discussed and decided it was administratively
challenging and not beneficial for the majority of the membership.
- PVL Qualifier February 27th, 28th, March1st.
- Men’s C- Tournaments- discussed, not filling therefore TD’s not drafting.
- R2 and scorekeeper online training- has been improved, should it be mandatory with new members, current members? Could we send it out with a link and strongly encourage people to complete it as a learning experience vs. a requirement?
- Jeffry will follow up next meeting.
For Next Meeting
- Set meetings through summer
- Elections – this year, who will run and who will be on nominating committee?
- Decide on champs format and scheduling
Next Meeting Date and Location:
- Tuesday, December 2nd, 7:00 pm at Clark