Yankee Board Meeting
Date : 4/15/2015
Attendees: Sam Tarnauskas, Ashley Tarnauskas, Judy Katalina, Mark Archibald, Matt Manne, Jeffry Powell, Krissy Norrman, Dave Mello
Confirmed No: Corrinne Archibald
Guests: John Kubilis
Scheduled Start: 7:00 pm
Actual Start: 7:06 pm
End Time: 8:11pm
Location: Lincoln-Sudbury HS
Approval of 2/23/15 Minutes
Motion to Approve - Sam
Second - Jeffry
For - All
Against - None
Abstain - None
- Treasurer Report - status quo
- Registrar’s Report - 150 ahead of last year
- NERVA Report - 32 teams are going to Nationals from NE this year. This is a signifiicant decrease from last year.
- Rating’s Report
- Women’s - New raters (1 lower, 2 upper)
- Men’s - New mid/upper level rater. Need one more lower level rater. Jeffry is the new ratings chair.
- Social Media Report - People like pictures.
- Web Editor Report - Sam and Jeff Green are putting together a new schedule with new deadlines and a cost adjustment to reflect those changes. The end of May is set as a soft deadline. June 30 is the hard date when all the functionality will be done with the intention to go live in August.
- GRC Report - Will sell numbered t-shirts at champs.
- Rick Pierce Committee: Has nominations. The committee will meet next week to review them.
Online Business (discussed via e-mail)
- Champs prizes - dry fit and short sleeves w/ new logo
- Champs: Judy will get prizes to site directors, details discussed - Mark will contact captains with format paperwork etc. All tournaments will run, deadline for checks is 4/22, withdrawal deadline 4/25.
- Picnic: Jeffry & Mark will run the tournament. Krissy is in charge of prizes. Sam will distribute raffle tickets. Judy will bring sodas. Mark has the gatorade buckets. Laura will loan nets. There will be no postcards sent out this year announcing the picnic.
- Elections: status quo
- Unsanctioned tournaments in the region: There should be no tournaments run that are in direct competition with a Yankee sanctioned tournament (format is the biggest consideration.)
- Discussion of the popularity of RCO vs. CR tournaments.
For Next Meeting
Next Meeting Date and Location
Next year :)