It's never too late to plan early! 2018 USA Volleyball Open Nationals will be in Dallas Texas and just announced the 2019 Open Nationals will be held in Columbus Ohio.
Yankee Board Yearly Calendar
Yankee Board Planner
- Set board meetings through December
- Present budget
- President appointments completed
- Approve budget
- Discuss Nationals Mappings
- Create Rick Pierce committee
- Order Rick Pierce awards
- Set board meetings through summer
- Decide on championships formats and scheduling
- Review nationals mappings
- Every 2 years, create election committee
- Set Yankee picnic committee
- Order championships and MVP prizes
- Order nationals gifts if in budget
- Ready on-line Scorekeeper and Second Referee Tests by 4/1
- Nationals Packets come out
- Set Yankee Picnic details (TDs, location, raffle $$, prize $$, sound, food, etc)
- Ratings Freeze? What's the exact date?
- Set Election committee if it's a voting year
- Start accepting nominations for new board in election year
- Get people completing nationals scorekeeper and R2 accred. tests
- Open voting for board in election year
- Set draft date for next fall
- Board elections
- Discuss pay increases for next year
- Refs, Stipends, etc.
- Announce new board at picnic if voting issues have been resolved.
- Invite Referee Coordinator to August Meeting to review any upcoming rule changes.
- Go play in the sand!